Planning for effective health communications campaigns integrates techniques developed through traditional business disciplines like marketing, communications theory, consumer behavior, and behavioral psychology. For effective health communications, this means determining and developing effective ways to raise awareness about health issues among health professionals, legislators, and targeted public audiences. Synthesis works with clients and other stakeholders to encourage people to promote better health through both policy and behavioral change. We help our clients determine optimal ways to influence public health policy and to disseminate translational research findings from bench to bedside. Click here to see examples of our health & safety communications experience.
- Provided executive level program management, technical, and analytic support services including management of an Evaluation Advisory Committee and development of related meeting summaries for the national evaluation of the joint Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/American Heart Association Voices for Healthy Kids program
- Provided Paperwork Reduction Act Administration services for the NOAA NMFS OCIO
- Provided Management Consulting and Technical Assistance Services for the Centers for Disease Control
- Provided Watch Meeting Coordination for DHHS Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- Developed National Communication Campaigns for Online Drug Sales and Non-CFC Metered Dose Inhalers for the DHHS FDA Center for Drug Evaluation & Research
- Created national public education campaign materials on Online Drug Sales, Risk Management, and Antibiotic Resistance for FDA Center for Drug Evaluation & Research
- Developed and Implementing a Mental Health Public Education Campaign for the Mental Health Association of the District of Columbia